Monday, May 18, 2015

Tips or Bribe

Its been a while I know. *covers face*

Work has been so busy and I barely have the chance to get on my PC let alone blog.

Anyway straight to the matter at hand.

Tips and Bribe. 

What do you think? I think they are two different things but errm someone thinks they are the same but media paints it differently. 


Where I came from Bribe is when you pay someone to do what they SHOULD usually do. Or better still to do what they are paid to do but because they are slackers and want to extort money from you, they ask for it. 

Tips on the other hand is when you get an impressive service and you just give something to say thank you. 

What do you think?

Some people are taking tips to the extreme though. 
Tips are not meant to be asked for! Apparently some restaurant staff rely on tips. Common guys, there is something called "salary".

You all get paid and you shouldn't harass people for tips. I heard on the radio the other day that, some restaurant staff in the states actually ran after a customer asking for tips. Needless to say, he didn't get it. 

Its kinda annoying really. 

I would give a tip when I get a good service, not cos you ask for it or expect it.

As for bribes, I dunno o. People give bribes everywhere to get round.  Its in the news so much in African countries but I can tell you it happens all over the world. 

Would you give tips when you get good services? Anywhere i.e hotels, restaurants, airports, bars etc.

Would you bribe someone to get something done? When they are already getting paid to do that thing. 

Lets hear your views. 

Bed time :) 

See you all later 

1 comment:

  1. It depends on which part of the world you live in Bunmi. Nigerians expect to be bribed to do what they are supposed to do cos that's the system.

    ReplyDelete

Ever Heard of Personal Space?

Have you ever heard about personal space? I really cannot stand it when people are trying to talk to you and they come right in your fa...